As the key CAP reform meetings in the Council and Parliament held on June 18th and 19th come to a close, reactions and press releases are issued. Here is an initial collection.
- ARC2020 – European policy makers must wake up for CAP change now!
- Birdlife – Calls in Council and Parliament are further watering down an already weak proposal
- EEB – On ‘CAP Super Monday’ EP and Council Compete in Race to the Bottom in Greening
- IFOAM EU Group – European Parliament must raise level of ambition to increase sustainability across EU farming
- European Coordination Via Campesina – Press Release 20th June
- Friends of the Earth Europe – Farming reforms head in wrong direction
- Slow Food – Still an Uphill Road Towards a More Sustainable CAP
In the news:
- European Voice – Green groups say CAP reform is unravelling
From the EU institutions:
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council – Press Release
- EU Parliament (COMAGRI) – EU farm policy reform: Agriculture Committee MEPs unveil first draft plans
- The Greens – Outlook not good for CAP reform as MEPs begin debate on key legislative proposals