This three-day meeting will be an excellent opportunity to meet people with a spirit of action for sustainable rural development from across Europe, and to visit and discover good examples of local sustainable development in a region rich in a strong civil society activity.
We also wish to provide opportunities to commonly discuss challenges related to sustainable rural development and plan further activities on our current topics such as: youth in rural areas, local food and hygiene rules, civic dialogue or herbs and health.
So if you have not already done, save the date now!!
You will receive more detailed information and registration form at the beginning of July. In case you have already decided to come we will be happy to receive your confirmation from now on!
(You can inform Marina: email@example.com)
Thursday 18th : Arrival to the Alpine region
- Arrival of participants
- Presentation / Introduction
Friday 19th : Discovering the Beaufortain and its living countryside
Field visits to
- Small dairy farms and high value cheese cooperative
- Other sources of income and their contribution to or contradiction with sustainable development (hydraulic power, ski resorts…)
- Cultural and social activities
- Feedback on visits and exchange with local authorities
- Market of initiatives (presentation of local rural initiatives and European participants’ ones)
Evening: International Buffet
Saturday 20th: Thematic workshops
Morning: working sessions (parallel workshops)
1/ Youth: from Savoie to Europe
- Activities run by and for young people in Beaufortain and in Savoy
- Discussion on Young people needs and ideas for involvement on European networking activities (within FS) – FS youth scholarships.
2/ Civic dialog at different scales
- Presentation of Savoie Vivante activities in promoting territorial dialogue in Savoy (training sessions, awareness days for local authorities, departmental council for territorial dialogue…)
- Civic dialogue in Europe
- Working on issues and needs to prepare the Civic Dialogue Gathering in December 2014.
Afternoon: working sessions (parallel workshops)
3/ Herbs and health
- Traditional knowledge and herb projects (experiences in Beaufortain and Bauges)
- From 1st European Herb Gathering to Herb Foundation
4/ Local Food and Hygiene rules
- Implementation of flexibilityin hygiene standards for small producers: local examples (milk and cheese production,direct selling…)
- Conclusions of Local Food matters event and next steps
Evening: cultural event
Sunday 21th: conclusions and good-bye
- Sharing results of the sessions
- Conclusions and next steps