Attila Szocs is based in Romania. He works with Eco Ruralis, a grassroots peasants association. Eco Ruralis is a member of Via Campesina, currently made up of 500 members from all regions of Romania, who practice organic and traditional farming based on environmentally conscious principles. Urban and rural gardeners as well as conscious consumers are also involved.
Recent posts by Attila Szocs
- Land laws might change but the issue stays the same
- Romania: GM Maize 1507′s Future Breeding Ground?
- The EU Seed Market Myth
- EU seed legislation, a turning point for peasant agriculture
- TTIP = Bad Deal for Romania
- Gardening rEvolution: How to pinpoint new food producers?
- Romania Plans to Spend E8.15 billion on Rural Development
- 2014: Year of Family Farming launched in Brussels
- Who will buy Romanian farmland? Landowners speculate on NYE.
- Quest for Gas: a Story of Peasant Resistance
- Basescu – morning gardener, daytime agri-industrialist
- Moratoriums on land sale: member states battle EU
- Hungarian response to CAP: how has the rhetoric changed?
- Royal lobby for the Romanian family farm
- Romanian land markets open