- This event has passed.
Good Food For All – Averting a COVID-19 hunger crisis [EN/FR]
21 July, 2020,13:30 - 15:00
** Français ci-dessous**
Join the Ceres2030 and the SDG2 Advocacy Hub for a virtual event to be held on July 21, 2020, from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. (CET).
COVID-19 has caused massive disruptions to almost every aspect of our food systems, making the invisible visible. New hunger numbers released on July 13 in the 2020 State of Nutrition and Food Security in the World report and costing from Ceres2030 will drive the conversation on greater equity and the path to delivering good food for all.
Date: 21 July, 1:30pm to 3:00pm (CEST)
Interpretation: Simultaneous interpretation into French will be available.
Check out the event webpage here.
- Maximo Torero, Assistant Director-General, Economic and Social Development Department, FAO
- Carin Smaller, Director, Agriculture, Trade and Investment, International Institute for Sustainable development (IISD) – Ceres2030
- Agnes Kalibata, UN Special Envoy for 2021 Food Systems Summit
- Karina Gould, Minister of International Development, Canada
- Thanawat Tiensin, Chairperson of the Committee on World Food Security (CFS)
- Esther Penunia, Asian Farmers’ Association
- Elizabeth Mpofu, Via Campesina
- Gerda Verburg, Coordinator of the Scaling Up Nutrition Movement
Moderator: Femi Oke, Senior Host/Journalist Al Jazeera
This event is convened by Ceres2030 and the SDG2 Advocacy Hub.