1. Visit the offical website today! www.goodfoodmarch.eu
2. Join our photo campaign – let us take your messages for THE CAP WE WANT to Brussels: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Share the CALL for ACTION (below) with your organisations:
да шестваме до Брюксел! (BG)
Auf geht’s nach Brüssel! (DE)
Lad os marchere til Bruxelles! (DK)
Let’s march to Brussels! (EN)
¡Vamos a Marchar a Bruselas! (ES)
Marchons vers Bruxelles ! (FR)
Ας βαδίσουμε ως τις Βρυξέλλες (GR)
Marciamo verso Bruxelles! (IT)
Maszerujmy do Brukseli! (PL)
Să ne îndreptăm spre Bruxelles! (RO)
CALL FOR ACTION:
Good Food, Good Farming – Let’s march to Brussels!
It’s time for fair prices for farmers and shoppers
It’s time to take our environment seriously
It’s time for food sovereignty
It’s time to deliver good food and good farming everywhere
Start: End of August 2012 at different locations throughout the EU
End: 19th September 2012 in Brussels
The fate of our food and our farmers is being debated in Brussels. For the first time, the reform of European agriculture will be decided by both the European Parliament and national Governments
This is our chance to demand a Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) that delivers good food and good farming. It’s time for change.
Over the past 50 years, our taxes have been used to support industrialized food production. This form of agriculture is threatening the existence of our farmers in the global North and South. It creates global food insecurity on the one hand and mountains of food waste on the other. It destroys the environment because it relies on the overuse of chemical fertilisers, harmful pesticides and fossil fuels. Factory farms depend on imported soy for animal feed. They disregard animal welfare, aggravate climate change and lead to the abandonment of rural areas. We call for a major rethink of our food and farming system. The CAP must change, let’s march for change!
This summer, farmers, citizens and young people from across Europe will march to Brussels by foot, bicycle or tractor. Along their way they will take part in events, actions and protests. We invite people to come to Brussels on 19th September 2012 to demand that the European Union delivers good food and good farming.
Let’s have a CAP that:
• Delivers secure and stable cost covering prices for farmers and fair prices for consumers.
• Values our natural, cultural and culinary heritage.
• Supports real family farms; both young and old. We can’t lose anymore farmers!
• Links subsidies directly to social, environment, and animal welfare criteria. Public money for public goods!
• Takes us to a greener and more sustainable agriculture, and promotes agro-ecological farming methods.
• Strengthens the social and economic development of rural communities.
• Guarantees the cultivation of local protein feed crops, rather than imported soy.
• Ensures greater equity between old and new EU Member States.
• Moves us towards food sovereignty.
• Assumes international responsibility and ensures that Europe and the global South become more self-sufficient.
• Rejects food speculation and ends the export of agricultural products at a price below their production cost.
Together we can make these changes happen!
To join the Good Food, Good Farming March contact Stephanie Roth:
email@example.com +49 30 28482326