On the 20th of March, Compassion in World Farming and the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) organised a conference entitled: “Ensuring Fair Food and Farming for the Future” at the Bibliothèque Solvay in Brussels.
The different speaker presented the needs in more sustainability in the food chain and production:
– Despina Spanou, Principal Advisor, Directorate General for Health and Consumers, European Commission
– Dr Modibo Traoré, Assistant Director-General (Agriculture and Consumer Protection) at the FAO speaking on “How can we achieve sustainable livestock farming in developing countries?”
– Dr Olivier De Schutter, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food speaking on “Managing the transition towards sustainable food systems”.
– Philip Lymbery, Chief Executive, Compassion in World Farming, on “A Vision for the future of farming”.
– Jean-Pierre Halkin, Head of Unit DEVCO/C1, EuropeAid, European Commission on ‘Supporting food security and sustainable farming in developing countries
– Jeremy Wates, Secretary General, European Environmental Bureau speaking on “Towards a greener agriculture”.