On March 18 and 19, farm ministers came together in Brussels for the Agricultural and Fisheries Council meeting. The main item on the agenda was the CAP reform. After a couple of late nights, an agreement has now been reached. The meeting comes a week after MEPs voted in Strasbourg regarding their final position on the CAP.
You can read the official EU Council press release here.
You can find the Parliament’s reaction here.
- IFOAM EU Group: Farm Ministers undermine potential for a greener and fairer CAP
- European Environmental Bureau: Agriculture Ministers begin hammering final nail into CAP greening coffin
- CEJA: CEJA welcomes timely agreement on Council mandate for CAP reform but condemns lack of commitment from Ministers on young farmers
- Slovakia, Slovenia refuse to sign off on CAP deal EurActiv
- Agreement reached on CAP reform The Journal.ie
- Farm ministers agree common position on CAP reform European Voice
- EU Ministers agree common position on CAP reform Farming UK
- Most difficult hurdles are yet to come Irish Independent
- Ministers close to CAP agreement European Voice
- Simon Coveney hopeful of deal on CAP reform RTE News
- Farm Council: Ministers inch towards common CAP reform position Agra Europe
- Ministers put finishing touches to CAP reform mandate Europolitics