A new documentary Our love affair with pesticides (Pesticide mon amour) produced by Erik Fretel demonstrates the extensive use of pesticides and the impact this is having.
The film will be shown (in French) as part of the 7th Pesticide Action Week on 22nd March at Mundo-B, Brussels at 6.30pm, followed by an open discussion on organic gardening. The event has been organised by PAN Europe and the Fondation Baudouin.
Professionals, community associations and gardening-lovers will share their experience with the public and present their ecological initiatives and projects – community gardens and compost, organic kitchen gardens on roofs in urban areas etc
The event aims to raise public awareness and show citizens how they can support and promote original ecological initiatives at home and for their communities.
Pesticide Action Week is an annual campaign taking place this year from March 20th to 30th. The event aims to:
- to raise awareness on the health and environment risks of synthetic pesticides
- to highlight alternative solutions
- to build a global grassroots movement for a pesticide-free world
Some other key events in 2012 include…
- 50th anniversary of Silent Spring publication by Rachel Carson
- Press conference launching the event
- An International Congress on Pesticides and Health on March 23-24 in the French National Assembly