BACKGROUND: Wietze in Lower Saxony is home to Europe’s largest chicken slaughter house. Subsidised with €6.5 million of taxpayers’ money, it aims to kill 430,000 chickens daily. It is a symbol of the kind of industrial farming that is destroying fair, green and local food and farming.
This summer, the team at ‘Wir haben es Satt’ are organising a large demonstration outside the factory. Taking place on 31 August, this will be their first demonstration to be held in temperatures above 0°C – hoorah!
Either side of the demonstration, an international action camp is being organised to allow people to build pan-European networks, hold workshops and much much more. Once again Wam Kat and his Flaming Kitchen will be serving up good food for everyone! ARC2020 will be helping out to bring people from all over Europe to share their experiences, campaigns and ideas. With the programme still open, now is the time to get in touch if you would like to hold a workshop etc. Find out who else is behind the event here.
CALL FOR ACTION: Call for Action: August 2013 Farms instead of Factories!
- From 17:00 Arrival and evening panel discussion
- Daytime: Workshops (tbc) If you have ideas – please let us know!
- Evening: Cooking, eating, dancing and networking with the legendary DJ Sputnik
- 13:00 Demonstration in front of the slaughter house at Wietze
- 15:00 A human chain around the slaughter house
- 17:00 Concert with music from Ratatöska and Dreimalich
- from 22.00 DJ Acid Maria…
- Morning: Final workshops
- 13:00 Departure
The programme is still open, so please get in touch if you have workshop ideas, or topics that you think need to be discussed at the European level.
If you would like more information or want to know how to get involved then don’t hesitate to contact the ARC2020 team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a ring +49 (0) 30 284 82 326