29.08.2013 – 01.09.2013
International Action Camp in Wietze: Farms instead of factories!
BACKGROUND: Wietze in Lower Saxony is home to Europe’s largest chicken slaughter house. Subsidised with €6.5 million of taxpayers’ money, it aims to kill 430,000 chickens daily. It is a symbol of the kind of industrial farming that is destroying fair, green and local food and farming.This summer, the team at ‘Wir haben es satt’ are organising a large demonstration outside the factory. Taking place on 31 August, this will be their first demonstration to be held in temperatures above 0°C – hoorah! Find out who else is behind the event here.
THE PROGRAMME: Either side of the demonstration, an international action camp is being organised to allow people to build pan-European networks, hold workshops and much much more. Once again Wam Kat and his Flaming Kitchen will be serving up good food for everyone!
- From 17:00 Arrival and evening panel discussion
- Daytime: DAY OF WORKSHOPS: Full programme PDF
- Evening: Cooking, eating, dancing and networking with the legendary DJ Spoutnik
- 13:00 Demonstration in front of the slaughter house at Wietze
- 15:00 A human chain around the slaughter house
- 17:00 Concert with music from Ratatöska and Dreimalich
- from 22.00 DJ Acid Maria…
- Morning: Final workshops
- 13:00 Departure
If you would like more information or want to know how to get involved then don’t hesitate to contact the ARC2020 team at campaign(at)arc2020.eu or give us a ring +49 (0) 30 284 82 326
Download the English Banner here
Find the event on Facebook here
Find the official website here
Find the Call for Action here